That One Tour Life

 When last did you go on tour? Now I haven't travelled in a while but let me tell you about the last time I travelled. So I had just graduated, right? My dad thought "Oh you've done great, baby girl. You deserve your accolades and a treat". How could I say no to that? Who would say no anyway?


I remember clearly, it was a late Friday in July. I had gone shopping the previous days so I was well stocked with clothes and accessories. Oh! I was ready to shine, I was ready for everyone to know my "Ideniny". First of all, I was so excited that I could not sleep for days. Friday came and I was so tired, I slept through most of the day and I almost missed my flight.


That would have been tragic!


Fast forward to actually getting to England. So we decided to tour England a bit. We went from Liverpool to London to Manchester to Brighton to Leicester and so many more cities. I was on a roll people. Dining out, going on bus tours, visiting Madame Tussauds, the London eye and a lot of tourist attractions.


We went from hotel to hotel; ultimately we were travel nomads at that point in mind. Can't say I wasn't sad when I had to leave and come back home. Of course, I knew there would be other chances to travel again but I'll be honest, I did not want to come back home. I wanted to stay there forever. I actually begged my parents to let me stay back but they said "NO" and that was it.


You do not want to argue with your parents, especially if they are Yoruba. Look, my mom is a no-nonsense woman. Yes means Yes and No means No. You get out of line, you get checked straight up.


You're probably wondering "Isn't she going to tell us about all the places she went to". Well, I could talk about visiting Madame Tussauds and seeing all those life-size wax figures. I was completely entranced. They looked so realistic. It was uncanny; almost disturbing if I'm being totally honest.


I could also talk about visiting Warner Bros. Studio. Look let me tell you, this particular adventure really was an adventure I'd love to repeat anytime. All day, every day. Call me a kid, but seeing the studio where some of my favourite movies came to life, I was giddy. Lightheaded even. Guys!!!! Harry Potter was born in that studio. All 8 movies. How could I not be excited? *laughs in childish*





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inludedmoney

Sariska Tour

Annapurna Circuit Treks, Annapurna Round Treks